We hope these Santa's Grotto tips are helpful to you if you are organising a Santa's grotto.
Our Santas Grotto gifts are supplied wrapped and labeled with age and gender suitability.
We have presents for Santa to give out suitable as Christmas presents from birth up to gifts for 9 years and over.
Advice : Ask our advice - call us on 01842 824505. We have a wealth of experience, and we're happy to advise you about running a Santa 's Grotto or Christmas event.
Ask for local advice - speak to your local council and tourist information board for advice on the timing of your Santa's grotto, so it doesn't clash with other events happening locally. If your Christmas grotto is being held in your town or village, see if your event can be made part of the Christmas lights switch on, Christmas Fayre, or other festive occasion - your event will then have publicity and visitors!
Planning your Santa's grotto: Plan ahead and plan well. If you can, choose a venue where there's people passing so they can come and see Santa, as well as people who book to come. Make sure you charge enough to cover all your costs, but not so much that it's too expensive and people won't come. Ensure you have enough helpers on the day, and cover for if anyone (including Santa!) is ill or unable to help. Instead of someone taking all the responsibility for planning, share it and delegate tasks. Have regular discussions about the event so any glitches can be overcome before the big day. Distribute posters and flyers well in advance and ask all your friends and family, local shops and schools and community centre to put up posters for your Santa's grotto well ina dvance of the event.
Choice of Grotto gifts: Unless you're taking bookings for children by gender and age, you won't know the exact number of gifts you need in each age group. Chat to us on 01842 824505 about We have some gifts which are suitable in multiple age groups - our Christmas stationery sets, kaleidoscopes and tumbling towers, for example. When choosing, to get the widest range
Publicity: Without it, no-one will know your event is on!
- As soon as you have your Santa's grotto date set, tell everyone, and ask them to tell everyone!
- Set up a facebook event page, and send a link to it to everyone you know, asking them to share it on their facebook page too.
- Ask everyone to tweet about it too.
- Send information about your Santa's grotto or Christmas event to the local newspapers, Tourist Information Board and BBC Radio station - do this initially several weeks or even months ahead in order to get your event listed in their events directory, and again nearer the time to get the event publicised. Send photos to the local paper nearer the time with a short piece about the date, timing, venue and cost and if it's a charity event, information about how the money raised will help the charity.
- Call your local radio station, they love to interview people about events happening locally. Getting someone lively and bubbly to talk on the radio about your Santa's grotto for a few minutes can really help publicise it.
- Print flyers and give them to schools, nurseries, community centres and put posters up anywhere you can.